Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Amazing Weekend Adventure

This past weekend was one of the most amazing that I have ever had in my life. I'm glad that Brennyn was so adamant in wanting to come up here to see me. Thursday she started telling me that she was just going to come up and then head back Friday and I didn't see much point to that. And then Friday we talked about just meeting at our halfway point in Logan but that would have only been a couple of hours not even a full day together so I was kinda against that too. I didn't want us to waste money on gas for just a couple of hours.

Anyways, Friday night we spent chatting together like we always do. That is the cost of having a long distance relationship, only getting to see each others pixalated faces through skype because of the bad connection that we both have to the Internet. Anyways not to bash it at all. I mean we are grateful for the time and technology that we have to facilitate overcoming the distance between us. So as we sat there staring at each others pixalated faces at probably 2 in the morning on Saturday we decided that she would come up and be here by two when I got off of work. I couldn't believe it cause I was telling her all Thursday and Friday no lets just wait and I finally relented cause I missed her so much and wanted to see her. She left Saturday morning and finally I was able to see her at about 2. What a relief to see her !

We spent the afternoon together just talking and enjoying each others company. I made lunch not anything really special just some peanut butter sandwiches and jelly sandwiches really. And some really thin brownies than I had made. They were really only the crust of brownies. See what happened is that i needed a 9X9 pan and all I had was a 9X12 pan and that spread them way too thin. So when they first came out hot and gooey it was fine but after an hour of cooling they were officially just the crust of them. A la pucha!!! I couldn't believe it, i just had to deal with it all.
We went onto campus to check out the Art Department. And while we were we meant to check out their printing lab but no one there knew the code to the printing lab but we found out they had two printing presses. We admired the artwork that some people had done and then we went up to check some other parts of campus. And we were going to go to the bookstore but it closed at like 2 on Saturdays! That was not something we were expecting at all. I we continued to take pictures around campus some of which i might post on here. I think perhaps the most embarrassing one for me was when i was going to do a heel click and my shirt goes up and She gets a picture of my crack popping out!! AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I tried to convince her to not keep it but to avail. My begging and pleading didn't pay off. She kept reminding me I had told her I had no shame! And I normally don't but I ate my words. Really I don't care I guess my poor kids will just have another thing to be ashamed about their dad someday!!! My parents I know get a kick out of embarrassing their kids especially my dad! I don't know if I ever got embarrassed but I know my sisters have. My dad has ways that has always worked! My dad always dropped us off at the door when going to church and he would go park the car. A pretty nice thing right? Not making his family walk through the cold and snow? I know my sisters were always embarrassed by it and so he started driving up on the sidewalk just to make it worse. No one was ever watching probably but my little sisters just can't stand it! I think imma take a page out of my dads book when I have kids!
We were able to go to Sierra and Brittany's apt to take her stuff there. Which I am so grateful for! It has made it so much easier for us to see each other having people that are so willing to let us stay at their apartments. Garren Murray has played a big part in helping us out. I can't ever repay these people for helping us!

When we got to Sierra and Brittany's apartment we ended up staying and talking! Those two are so contagious! If you start to talk with them you just don't want to leave! We had a fun time until finally my stomach was hurting cause i hadn't eaten anything other than a brownie and a sandwich after we left their apartment we decided to go eat at Bajio's, but first we decided to check to see if The Lovely Bones was playing at the Rex and it wasn't so we decided that we would go to Idaho Falls to see it. Yeah, It is that good of a movie to go drive 20 minutes to see. I hadn't seen it but Brennyn had and she wanted to see it together and so we decided we would. We then went to Bajio's which was amazing. I don't know if anyone really cares about all this but i figure I'll just keep going. Hey it was our weekend worth writing about! Bajio's in my mind is one of the best restaurants here in Rexburg. So much better than Ramirez's I know it's supposedly supposed to have good food but I just don't like it very much. So after dinner we took off to Idaho Falls.

As we drove I realized something for the first time, how much more enjoyable driving places is with Brennyn there in the car with me. I know I know it's kinda like DUH!!! but really I mean we have driven to and from Casper and Fair Oaks, but it wasn't until it was when I was talking to her in the care to Idaho Falls a drive that I have made many many times by myself and with other people that I realized how much more enjoyable it was with her! Being able to talk with the woman I love on the way to a movie. Simplistic but something so many people probably take for granted. We got to the theater that was right there in I think you might call it historic downtown Idaho Falls the buildings were obviously older and obviously not from this time period. Which, by the way, I find much more interesting than a lot of architecture now days.

The theater was, dare I say cute. How manly I know but it was an old theater and we got there just as the actually movie was starting. Gosh darn it we missed the previews! I don't know why but the previews are sometimes my favorite thing about a movie probably because they have come out with some horrible movies! If I see a bad movie but there was good previews of movies to come I almost feel like a sense of relief know that there is a possibility that Hollywood will redeem itself of the catastrophe that I had just seen. The Lovely Bones is not a movie that needs saving.


As we sat down and watched the movie I have to say that artistically it is one of the best movies that I have seen in awhile. It was a movie that was so well done that I would see it again that is if I could be assured that I wouldn't have another nightmare about it. I got out of that movie and literally felt pain for the main character and her family. The way that Peter Jackson directed the movie was amazing to me. The art work and the presentation of the after life was presented artistically in a way that caused me to think. The idea was also presented that a spirit must willingly accept to progress to heaven. And that until that point they are in a state neither in heaven nor in this world. The girl that had been murdered by a man in her neighborhood could not move on until he was brought to justice. I have never felt so emotionally sick like I did after this movie. It's not inappropriate in anyway to drive the spirit away I really can't explain it. Brennyn had try to explain how she felt to me after she first watched it but couldn't and after I saw it I understood why. It's just something you have to see and then you'll understand.

We went to wal-mart to get stuff for breakfast and dinner for Sunday! Saturday is a special day it's the day we get ready for Sunday! We got some frozen fruit and yogurt and fruit juice and chicken and vegetables and cheese for smoothies and Fajitas! I love FAJITAS! Brennyn and I love that word! Its such a fun word! Oh and we got her bottled water Idaho water doesn't like Brennyn and she doesn't like it either. We got her to Brittany and Sierra's apartment and said goodnight. Wow we spent so much time together just on Saturday!

Sunday's adventure started out with getting ready to go to church. We had a breakfast of smoothies and doughnut holes and then after a couple of hours I had to go to church to prepare the sacrament. We had sacrament meeting and Sunday school. It was funny because later Brenny pointed out that I sounded nothing like all the people in the class. For some reason I have this Wyoming accent that is harder to kick than a cocaine addiction. I try so hard sometimes too. I work at a phone survey place and when I talk to people I am so aware of how I sound to them. I notice my thick Wyoming accent probably plays a part in why some of them have to have me repeat what I say to them. Brennyn loves it though so I'll keep it just for her.

After Sunday School we parted ways, I went to priesthood and she went to Relief Society. In RS they asked her to introduce herself and she did and mentioned that I was her Fiance and it was kinda embarrassing when all the sisters are like AUSTIN CARMEN WHO IS THAT??? Well what can she do other than say "Uh well he is in the ward and he probably isn't here much cause he visits me in Provo?" I think that is pretty much what she had to say. I told her that it is so much better than having them all say oh yeah we know who that is! He has taken me out on a couple of dates! But it's true I probably know more people down in her ward than I do in my own. That is something will have to change. I think that it will here soon. I will try to be more sociable.

For dinner we made FAJITAS! They were so good! My mom has the best recipe for fajitas if anyone wants it ask! We finished dinner and after a short nap for Brennyn we took off to visit the place we went for our first date. Beaver Dick. Oh that was one of our favorite places until this weekend!! When we had our first date we went there and there are pictures of our date there. We decided to go visit the place and we went out there and there was a little bit of snow but not really a whole lot. We wanted to go out to the dock where we first had just sat and saw guppies swimming in the water of the snake river. But we got in there and realized we were going to have a heck of a time getting out!

Well we got stuck once and I got us out then we had the car rolling and we were about to get it up the hill and it got stuck again!!!! Well what to do what to do?? We tried everything to get it out! But to no avail!!! We had no traction! The snow had been melting all day and was super soft! And it just sank more and more into the snow. I called Drew and tried to see if he knew anyone with a truck and he only could think of brogan and he wasn't there right then. We found out that 30 min later he got home which means he could have been there before the tow truck that took two hours to get there. Later we also found out that Sierra and Brittany knew someone that could have helped us and I also could have called some other people I knew but unfortunately for some reason when you are just trying to get out the only obvious solution is to call a tow truck. Unfortunately the most obvious solution of calling the wrecker is the most expensive too.Here is why. They charge a minimum of 80 dollars which I can understand I mean it is still quite steep for only having to drive five miles out to where we were at from where they are located and then to pull out a cable and tow us 50 yards. Well they said if they had to tow us out of there which was 50 yards not even the length of a football field mind you, it would be a little bit more. When I hear "a little bit more" I think what maybe five or ten dollars? No not even close try 45!!

Anyways they got there pulled us up and out and we were going to follow them out just in case but while we were waiting for them to turn around we sat there in the snow sinking......sinking.......sinking. When they were turning around they slipped and got stuck themselves. So part of the reason we got stuck after getting pulled out was waiting for them to put on chains and get themselves unstuck. They got out and just pulled us out the rest of the way to the road and charged us a total of 125 dollars!!! That was the most expensive date we ever had!!! And we didn't even do anything!!! Oh golly gee wiz!! Oh well it's just money and like I told Brennyn I can always earn more. I wasn't happy with them robbing my bank account but hey i got my car out and that's what I wanted in the end.

We got home and played a card game when we got back to my apartment. We were able to spend time with each other just playing a fun game. That's what I love we don't really have to do anything to enjoy being together. The game was called Hate Your Neighbor the very same thing as skip bo. We played and talked and laughed and well ended one of the most memorable nights together so far. I walked her back to where she was staying and said goodnight after taking pictures of me biting her neck making fun of the Edward Cullen barbie that was in the apartment. We love making fun of Twilight!
Monday morning she came over and I made smoothies again for breakfast and toast which is one of the most epic things ever! Toast! Plain bread burnt a little with butter and jam. Wow it was amazing I haven't had toast all semester. That is something we need when we get married neither of us have a toaster! So we talked for a little bit after breakfast and then we went to get her gas for her car and then to fill her tires up with air. We went to check her air pressure and she was riding on 30 psi. When they needed to be at 60 psi. We got some quarters from Broulims and went to fill her tires up with air. Then I got my car and led her out of Rexburg.

Monday night we were back to being pixalated images on a computer screen with broken sometimes robotic voices. I cant wait to see her again this weekend. Hopefully we can avoid getting stuck in a park we now hate! I love you Brennyn Thank you for coming to see me this weekend. Thank you for your art work. I love it completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment